1st Annual SoCal Corgi Nationals
The event you've been waiting for....the 1st Annual SoCal Corgi Nationals!
SUNDAY MAY 27th at SANTA ANITA PARK- 10:30 am-4:30 PM
SPONSORED by MEMORY PLUSH!
Join the cutest Corgis in Southern California as they take the field at Santa Anita Park, May 27th! It’s the first annual SoCal Corgi Nationals, and you won’t want to miss these speed demons put their paws to work at this fun family event!
This festival event will feature:
✔️Food & Drink
✔️And of course, CORGI RACES, with the semi-finals and FINALS taking place right on the big track!
ALL CORGI RACING SPOTS ARE NOW SOLD OUT and WAITING LIST IS FULL! You guys blew us away with how quickly it sold out, within minutes!
Join us as a spectator and cheer on the stumps!! Read below for ticket information!
Online General Admission is just $5 and gets you entry into the event and a racing program (to follow the horse racing all day!)
Upgrade to THE VIP experience ($40): SOLD OUT
- Access to VIP viewing area (w/private bar)
- SoCal Corgi Natioanls OFFICIAL T-shirt*
- $5 Betting Voucher
- Racing Program + Wagering Tip Sheet
Walk-up General Admission $5 (program not included)
NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON THE GRANDSTAND SIDE. Dogs must be registered with SoCal Corgi Nationals prior to entering Santa Anita Park. All dogs must be on leash at all times. Owner/handler is responsible for their dog at all times, including cleaning up after their dog. Dog owners must follow instructions of Santa Anita Park staff at all times. Dogs can be expelled from Santa Anita Park for any reason.
If you are planning to bring your corgi as a spectator to 1st Annual SoCal Corgi Nationals please REGISTER YOUR CORGI NOW! All corgis MUST be registered PRIOR to entry at Santa Anita Park. Limited spaces available!
CLICK BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR CORGI NOW:
SCHEDULE OF RACES AND EVENTS:
Heats 1, 2, 3: 11:30 am
Heats 4, 5, 6: 12:30 pm
Costume Contest: approx. 1pm
Heats 7, 8, 9, 10: 1:30 pm
40 corgs from Heats 1-10 will move forward to Quarterfinals
approx: 2:30 pm (infield)- 4 races, 10 dogs per
20 corgs move forward to Semifinals and we move to the Main Track:
approx. 3:30 pm (track)- 2 races , 10 dogs per
10 corgs move forward to Finals:
approx. 4:30 pm (track)- FINALS, 10 dogs- 1 WINNER!!!
*For VIP ticketholders: T-shirts available for Men or Woman in S, M, XL, XXL, and 3XL while supplies last. T-shirts must be picked up day of the event. T-Shirts will not be mailed. If you want your shirt BEFORE the event, we suggest to purchase directly on our website here www.socalcorgination.com. We will also have limited quantities of SoCal Corgi Nationals t-shirts and other merch for sale day of event at the So Cal Corgi Nation booth!
Stay tuned TO THE OFFICIAL FB EVENT PAGE BELOW for everything you need to know!
You're not going to want to miss this!!!
SOCAL CORGI NATIONALS FAQ's:
1. Where will the event take place? See the map attached below. The “Infield” area is where all the action is at. This is a giant grassy area bigger than a football field. The infield area includes: VIP area, general admission area, all of our SoCorgi Nationals Vendors and food/beverage booths. The qualifier and quarterfinal races will be held there and they will be set up directly in front of the VIP area. We will then move the two semifinal races and the Final race to the actual horse track directly in front of the grandstands.
2. Are corgis allowed in the grandstands? There are NO corgis allowed in the grandstand area. If you bring your corgi and wish to view the semifinals and final races, there is a massive jumbotron in the infield area where the races will be shown live as they happen.
3. Can I bring my corgi to the event, and do I need to get them a ticket? Yes, you may bring your corgi. ONLY corgis will be allowed (or corgi mixes), per Santa Anita’s request. You do not need to buy a ticket for your dog, admission is free. Please note all dogs MUST be on leash at ALL times.
4. What is the difference between VIP ticket and General Admission ticket?
· VIP is a most shaded area that is elevated over the track, and provides an optimum viewing experience of the 14 qualifier and quarterfinal races.
· VIP has their own entry area, along with seats and tables a private bar for quicker beverage service
· VIP includes an OFFICIAL SoCal Corgi Nationals t-shirt, a race program, a $5 betting voucher and a race tip sheet.
· VIP can go in and out of the VIP area, the entire infield area and to General Admission (where all the SoCal Corgi Nationals vendors/food are), leashed dogs are also allowed in the VIP area.
· General Admission area gets you access to the event and entire infield, races, vendors, food and beverage: Race viewing is on a level field, however there will be some risers placed around to be able to see the races better. Leashed dogs are also allowed in the General Admission area.
· IF you want the BEST possible experience and views of the days races- we highly recommend getting your VIP ticket! Limited space is available and VIP WILL SELL OUT!
5. How can I register my corgi to race? All spots to race are now sold out and waitlist spots are also filled. We sold out of spots in less than 2 minutes, you guys amazed us!
6. If my corgi is registered to race, do I still need to buy a ticket? Yes, all humans attending MUST have either a VIP or General Admission ticket.
7. Can I buy tickets at the door? Yes, General Admission tickets will be available for purchase at the gate on the day of the event
8. Are kids free? Yes, kids 12 and under are free and do not need a ticket. There is a playground and pony rides adjacent to the SoCal Corgi Nationals for the kiddos and there will also be carnival rides all over the infield on Memorial Day weekend for the entire family. Carnival ride tickets are at an additional cost, please check www.santaanita.com for more information.
9. Where do I park? Parking for the event is in LOT 6 ONLY. This is FREE parking and is the closest lot to where SoCal Corgi Nationals is located on the infield. Lot 6 entry is off Colorado Blvd.
10. Will SoCal Corgi Nationals merch be available day of event? Yes, we will have our official merch booth in the vendor area and t-shirts and other official SoCal Corgi Nationals merch will be available, while supplies last! All VIP ticket holders will pick up their shirt on the DAY OF EVENT upon entry. If you wish to get your t-shirt prior to the event, we recommend purchasing directly from our website here. Click the +SHOP button above to see all the merch and get yours!
11. Any other questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We look forward to seeing you all on May 27th at Santa Anita Park for the 2018 SoCal Corgi Nationals!