The 3rd Annual Corgi Nationals returns!
Sunday May 24th 2020!
Stay tuned here for more details coming spring 2020!!!
INFO BELOW WAS FOR 2019 CORGI NATIONALS…
THE EVENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR....THE 2nd ANNUAL CORGI NATIONALS!
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE: https://www.santaanita.com/events/socalcorginationals/
SUNDAY MAY 26TH AT SANTA ANITA PARK-
11 AM-4:30 PM
Join the cutest Corgis in Southern California as they take the field at Santa Anita Park, May 26th! It’s the 2nd annual Corgi Nationals, and you won’t want to miss these speed demons put their paws to work at this fun family event!
This festival event will feature:
✔️Food & Drink
✔️And of course, CORGI RACES, with the semi-finals and FINALS taking place right on the big track!
GENERAL ADMISSION AND VIP TICKET PACKAGES GO ON SALE FRIDAY 4/26- Read below for ticket information!
ONLINE GENERAL ADMISSION IS JUST $5 AND GETS YOU IMMEDIATE ENTRY INTO THE EVENT AND A RACING PROGRAM (TO FOLLOW THE RACING ALL DAY!)
Walk up general admission is $5 (no program included).
UPGRADE TO THE VIP EXPERIENCE ($40): SOLD OUT
Access to VIP viewing area (w/private bar)
LIMITED EDITION Corgi Nationals OFFICIAL T-shirt*
$5 Betting Voucher
Racing Program + Wagering Tip Sheet
WANT TO REGISTER YOUR CORGI TO RACE?
Racing spots ARE NOW SOLD OUT AND WAIT LIST IS FULL. WE FILLED UP IN LESS THAN 90 SECONDS THIS YEAR, YOU GUYS BLEW OUR MINDS!!!
100% of all RACING proceeds benefitTED our friends at Queen’s Best Stumpy Dog Rescue!
SCHEDULE OF RACES AND EVENTS:
DOORS OPEN AT 11AM
Heats 1, 2, 3: 11:30 am (approx)
Heats 4, 5, 6: 12:30 pm (approx)
CORGI DERBY HAT Contest: approx. 1pm
Heats 7, 8, 9, 10: 1:30 pm (approx)
40 corgs from Heats 1-10 will move forward to Quarterfinals
approx: 2:30 pm (infield)- 4 races, 10 dogs per
20 corgs move forward to Semifinals and we move to the Main Track:
approx. 3:30 pm (track)- 2 races , 10 dogs per
10 corgs move forward to Finals
approx. 4:30 pm (track)- FINALS, 10 dogs- 1 WINNER!!!
*For VIP ticketholders: T-shirts available for Men or Woman in S, M, XL, XXL, and 3XL while supplies last. T-shirts must be picked up day of the event. T-Shirts will not be mailed. If you want your shirt BEFORE the event, we suggest to purchase directly on our website here www.socalcorgination.com- shirts will launch on 4/25. We will also have limited quantities of Corgi Nationals t-shirts and other merch for sale day of event at the So Cal Corgi Nation booth!
PLEASE READ IF YOU PLAN ON
BRINGING YOUR CORGI
MUST BRING PROOF OF CURRENT VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS: RABIES AND DISTEMPER/PARVO. IF YOU DO NOT BRING PROOF YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE PARK. YOU MAY BRING PAPER PROOF OR SHOW ON YOUR PHONE.
NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON THE GRANDSTAND SIDE.
All dogs must be checked-in before 3:00 pm
All dogs must be on a leash at all times.
Owner/handler is responsible for their dog at all times, including cleaning up after their dog.
Dog owners must follow instructions of Santa Anita Park staff at all times. Dogs can be expelled from Santa Anita Park for any reason.
SOCAL CORGI NATIONALS FAQ's:
1. Where will the event take place? See the map attached below. The “Infield” area is where all the action is at. This is a giant grassy area bigger than a football field. The infield area includes: VIP area, general admission area, all of our Corgi Nationals Vendors and food/beverage booths. The qualifier and quarterfinal races will be held there and they will be set up directly in front of the VIP area. We will then move the two semifinal races and the Final race to the actual horse track directly in front of the grandstands.
2. Are corgis allowed in the grandstands? There are NO corgis allowed in the grandstand area where the semifinals and final races take place. If you bring your corgi and wish to view the semifinals and final races, there is a massive jumbotron in the infield area where the races will be shown live as they happen.
3. Can I bring my corgi to the event, and do I need to get them a ticket? Yes, you may bring your corgi. ONLY corgis will be allowed (or corgi mixes), per Santa Anita’s request. You do not need to buy a ticket for your dog, admission is free. Please note all dogs MUST be on leash AND YOU MUST BRING PROOF OF VACCINATION. Dogs will NOT be admitted without proof of vaccination so PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING.
4. What can I bring inside Santa Anita?
🏖️Chairs/beach chairs, wagons and blankets
Coolers (with food/beverage- NO alcoholic beverages allowed)
⛱️Umbrellas (beach style ones or ones that attach to chairs)
Doggie Poo Bags and Water for your corgs!
🦊Corgis (MUST be vaccinated- only corgis or corgi mixes allowed for this event- and MUST BRING PROOF OF VACCINATION!- See above for ALL DETAILS on vaccinations required)
❌NO POP UP TENTS or SHADE CANOPIES allowed.
If you have GA tickets, we recommend bringing a beach umbrella for shade. The Corgi Nationals area is HUGE and there will be PLENTY of room to set up chairs, blankets and umbrellas on the grass. There will be some chairs/tables provided in the GA area.
Chairs, tables and shade will be provided in the VIP area and VIP ticketholders are free to move about the GA and VIP areas as well.
There will be beer/wine/beverage stations in GA as well as VIP, along with gourmet food trucks.
All items are subject to search at entrance.
5. How can I register my corgi to race? RACE SPOTS ARE NOW SOLD OUT
7. If my corgi is registered to race, do I still need to buy a ticket? Yes, all humans attending MUST have either a VIP or General Admission ticket.
8. Can I buy tickets at the door? Yes, General Admission tickets will be available for purchase at the gate on the day of the event
9. Are kids free? Yes, kids 12 and under are free and do not need a ticket. There is a playground and pony rides adjacent to the SoCal Corgi Nationals for the kiddos and there will also be carnival rides all over the infield on Memorial Day weekend for the entire family. Carnival ride tickets are at an additional cost, please check www.santaanita.com for more information.
10. Where do I park? Parking for the event is in LOT 6 ONLY. This is FREE parking and is the closest lot to where SoCal Corgi Nationals is located on the infield. Lot 6 entry is off Colorado Blvd.
11. Will SoCal Corgi Nationals merch be available day of event? Yes, we will have our official merch booth in the vendor area and t-shirts and other official SoCal Corgi Nationals merch will be available, while supplies last! All VIP ticket holders will pick up their shirt on the DAY OF EVENT upon entry. If you wish to get your t-shirt prior to the event, we recommend purchasing directly from our website here. Click the +SHOP button above to see all the merch and get yours!
12. Any other questions? Send us an email at email@example.com!
We look forward to seeing you all on May 26th at Santa Anita Park for the 2019 SoCal Corgi Nationals!